Dad unable to work after food poisoning from five-star hotel on TUI holiday

Robert Wootton was left bedridden for a week with food poisoning after returning from a TUI holiday in Turkey and believes he caught an infection from an omelette or pudding

Robert Wootton with wife Natalie on holiday in Turkey(Robert Wootton / SWNS)

A British dad has been struck down by food poisoning after splashing out to stay at a posh five-star hotel in Turkey.

Robert Wootton spent £3,000 for a week’s family holiday at the luxury Rixos Sungate resort in Antalya.

But when the 41-year-old got home to Warwick he was forced off work for days with diarrhoea, a bloated stomach and headaches.

The symptoms persisted so he went to see his GP, who carried out tests – which showed he had contracted salmonella.

The site manager and carpenter believes he got the bacterial infection from an omelette or pudding during the trip.

Several people have allegedly been hit by food poisoning after staying at the all-inclusive resort – with some considering legal action against tour operator TUI.

TUI said it was “very concerned” to hear about the “small number of cases” but could not comment further for legal reasons.

Source link