• The Turkish president and Saudi crown prince on Wednesday declared their determination to launch a new era of cooperation in bilateral ties, including in the political, economic, military, security and cultural spheres.
• A deadly earthquake has killed over 1,000 people and injured nearly 1,600 in eastern Afghanistan, officials said.
• The British government is set to introduce a new bill to empower courts to make the final decision on the removal of asylum seekers to Rwanda and the deportation of foreign criminals, superseding the decisions of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
• European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen warned against “backsliding on the dirty fossil fuels” following announcements by some European countries such as Germany, Austria and the Netherlands that they would turn to coal with Russia’s war on Ukraine affecting energy supplies.
• Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will travel to Indonesia to take part in a meeting of the G20 foreign ministers from July 7-8.
• The Israeli Knesset (parliament) voted Wednesday in a preliminary reading of a bill to dissolve itself in preparation for early elections in October.
• Russian and Turkish military officials met in Moscow to discuss the safe exit of Turkish merchant ships and grain exports from Ukrainian ports.
• A wildfire that broke out overnight in Türkiye’s southwestern Mugla province is now “largely under control,” a minister said.
• EU leaders are expected to approve Ukraine and Moldova’s candidate status at their upcoming two-day summit, said an EU official.
• Kuwait’s Crown Prince Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah dissolved the country’s parliament Wednesday and called for early elections.
• Lithuania is obliged to apply additional checks on traffic to the Russian semi-exclave of Kaliningrad when implementing EU sanctions, the European Commission said.
• NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg praised Türkiye on Wednesday for doing “very important work” to open an export corridor for grain shipments from Ukraine.
• Bulgaria’s ruling coalition government failed to secure a confidence vote in parliament.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.