Anadolu Agency is here with a rundown of the latest developments around the world.
• Ukraine refuted accounts that Russia voluntarily withdrew from Ukraine’s Snake Island in the northwestern Black Sea.
• Türkiye will have a say in NATO’s future as it has in its past and present, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.
• Washington “should sell” F-16 fighter jets to Türkiye, US President Joe Biden said, adding he is confident that the needed congressional approval will be obtained.
• Having “paid a heavy price,” Türkiye has legitimate concerns on terrorism by Kurdish groups, the Greek prime minister said.
• German Chancellor Olaf Scholz slammed Russia’s military aggression in Ukraine, saying it poses a threat to Europe and NATO.
• Finland will establish cooperation “soon” with Türkiye regarding terror organizations, Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto told Anadolu Agency in an exclusive interview.
• Ukraine cut diplomatic relations with Syria as the latter recognized the self-proclaimed independence of Ukraine’s Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
• Sweden fully supports the NATO accession agreement reached with Türkiye, the country’s prime minister said.
• China lashed out at NATO for the “groundless accusations and provocative remarks” in its new Strategic Concept, urging the alliance to drop its “outdated Cold War mentality.”
• Israeli lawmakers voted to pass the final readings of a bill to dissolve parliament, paving the way for snap elections slated for Nov. 1.
• French President Emmanuel Macron said he was pleased with Türkiye’s decision to support Finland and Sweden’s accession to NATO.
• More than 100 people were arrested in Washington, D.C., including a Democratic congresswoman, during a protest in support of abortion rights on a street near the US Supreme Court, police said.
• Salah Abdeslam, the only survivor among 10 assailants who carried out coordinated terrorist attacks in Paris on Nov. 13, 2015, was sentenced this week to the harshest form of life imprisonment under French law by the Special Assize Court of Paris.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.